- 2 large heads of cauliflower, cut vertically into 1.5” planks, stem trimmed*
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan, divided
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp-white cheddar* or mozzarella
*Learn from my mistakes, trim the stem just enough that it’s easy to cut the planks. However, don’t cut too much of the stem away, or your head of cauliflower may fall apart. You can always trim back the stem once the planks are cut.
*Classic chicken parmesan recipes call for mozzarella, but I’m a sucker for white cheddar – which I used for this recipe. Both are delicious, so choose whichever you want!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Arrange cauliflower planks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast cauliflower for 30 – 35 minutes, flipping once at the halfway point
- Remove from oven and top each cauliflower steak with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar and 3/4 of the Parmesan
- Switch oven from bake to broil, and broil cauliflower until cheese is golden and begins to bubble (around 3-4 minutes)
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan