These are basically tacos – but the shell’s now turned into a leafy green. And if it’s green, it must be good for you, right? At least that’s what I tell myself when I eat 8 of these. THEY. ARE. SO. DELICIOUS. I’ve listed the ingredients starting with what’s needed for the sauce – which by the way – I’m certain you could put on anything.Print
- 1 Head of Butter Lettuce (or Iceberg)
- 3 Tbs Soya Sauce
- 3 Tbs Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs of Sriracha
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- 3 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 lb. of Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (minced)
- 6–8 Baby Bella Mushroom Heads (minced)
- 8oz. Sliced Water Chestnuts (minced)
- 2 Tbs of Chives (sliced)
- In a small mixing bowl, add: Soya, Hoisin, Rice Vinegar, Sriracha, Worcestershire, Garlic, Honey and Garlic powder. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed together, and the honey is nicely distributed. Place to the side.
- Grab your head of lettuce, and cut off the bottom stem. Carefully (and delicately) remove each individual leaf of lettuce, and set aside. Tip: Personally, I find the outer layers to be a tad large, so I tend to cut them in half.
- In a medium sized pan, begin to cook your ground chicken over medium heat.
- Once your chicken begins to brown, stir in your minced onions, mushrooms, and water chestnuts and cook for 4-5min. Be sure to stir your ingredients often to avoid burning!
- With about 1-2min remaining, add in your chives and the sauce you set aside earlier. Stir to make sure all ingredients are coated in your delicious sauce.
- Remove pan, and pour chicken-mix-goodness into a bowl with a serving spoon. Allow for guests (or just yourself) to scoop their desired amount into lettuce cups.