There’s nothing like the zest of a lemon to pack a delicious punch into a poultry dish. This chicken is superb by itself, or on top of Greek Salad, here’s a recipe for one Easy Greek Salad.Print
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs of Kosher Salt (or, to taste)
- 1 Tbs of Pepper (or, to taste)
- 2 tsp Dried Italian Herbs (or Mediterranean)
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- Preheat your oven to 400° (please read through entire directions)*If you don’t want to caramelize the goods at the end, put your chicken in at 450, for roughly 20-25min, or until cooked through.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into a casserole dish; then add 1/4 of your garlic, onions and half of your sliced lemons.
- Grab your chicken breasts and lightly coat them in extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper the tops of the breasts, then add your Italian herbs to both sides of the breasts.
- Place breasts into the casserole dish, tossing in your remaining lemons, onions and garlic (on and around the chicken). Additionally, take your sliced butter and add to casserole dish (on and around the chicken).
- Place chicken in oven.*The recipe is complete if you don’t want to caramelize the goodies in the casserole dish – cook chicken at 450° for 20-25min. However, if you chose to caramelize – continue on.
- When your chicken is about done, begin heating a large cast iron skillet on your stovetop (med-high). When the chicken is ready, take the casserole dish out of the oven. Remove your chicken out of the dish, and place on a cutting board.
- Take casserole dish and transfer (literally, just dump) the entire contents into your cast iron skillet. Get all those juices, spices and onions/garlics to heat up, they’ll begin to slowly start caramelizing (feel free to add more butter – I do!)
- Turn your attention back to your chicken and slice/chop to your preference, then toss into your skillet. The chicken will absorb and coat in the caramelization of butter, onions, garlic, and lemons.Caramelize to taste – being careful not to over cook the chicken!