I’m not exaggerating when I say these patties are some of the juiciest patties you’ll ever have. Simple to make, easy to grill, and you’ll look like a professional chef. Keep in mind the serving portion is for 5 people. You may be thinking, 2 lbs. is a lot of meat to only produce 5 patties. Maybe. But in order to keep them nice and juicy, they have to be big and thick. Such a great opportunity for a joke, but I’ll refrain.
So, make sure to make the patties nice and big! Hot tips: Don’t overwork the meat when making the patties and don’t press down on the patties while they’re cooking on the grill.
- 2 lbs. Organic Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup of Salted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp of Cayenne
- 2 Tbs of Worcester Sauce
- 5 Burger Buns
- 5 Slices of American Cheese (or your preference, and optional)
- Add all ingredients, except the cubes of butter, into a mixing bowl. Using your hands, gentle combine all ingredients.
- Toss in the cubes of butter, and gently, very gently, work them into the ground beef mix. You want the cubes of butter to stay intact.
- Once your butter is distributed nicely into the mix, start making patties! There’s no wrong or right way – just don’t overwork the meat. With your hands, start forming the ground beef into 5 even balls. Gently press the balls to flatten them into a patty shape.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) on top of the formed patties.
- Now, head on out to the grill! *Full disclosure, our patties were quite large. We ended up making 4 large ones, and had about 1/2 patty left to make the dogs their own mini-burgers. So, keep this in mind when grilling. Ours cooked 10min on each side, and were medium/well.
- Get the grill nice and toasty, 450-500°.
- Cook burgers to your preference!