There’s a few good things about winter: building snowmen, snowball fights, cute boots, nights by a cozy fire, and of course, a nice toasty mug full of hot chocolate. Ah yes, the childhood drink that continues to be a treat well into adulthood. But guess what? We’re now officially (and legally) allowed to add a few extra ingredients into this sweet treat, making it a blissfully-boozy warm cocktail. *If you’re a real lush like me, you can add an additional shot of Raspberry Chambord.Print
The Best Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Total Time: 10 Mins
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 3/4 Chocolate Chips (semi sweet)
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional – the chocolate chips bring a lot of sweetness)
- 2 oz. Raspberry Chambord
- 1 oz. Kahlúa
- Whipped Cream *optional
- Add your milk and sugar into a small saucepan, give it a nice stir, and set heat to medium/low. DO NOT BOIL.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat down to low.
- In a separate sauce pan or microwave safe container, melt your chocolate chips. Don’t burn them, so set your stovetop to low heat, or keep an eye on them in the microwave.
- Pour your melted chocolate into the warm milk, and stir until fully blended.
- Now it’s time for the fun part! Just before taking your hot chocolate off the stove, add in your liquor. Stir for around 1 minute, remove from heat, and serve immediately.