It’s always a blast when my parents visit us from Texas. You see, back when I used to live in Austin, I was able to drive up on weekends, raid their fridge, enjoy their pool and unwind with some famjam time. However, the whole moving across America thing put a quick halt to weekends at my parents house. Anyways, so it’s always nice when they come to visit… but this time, they came when Arizona started getting hot. And I mean hot, hot. Like, 112° type of hot. But! Mom came prepared with the idea to make Frosé, which I mean, twist my arm! Who doesn’t love a glass of crisp rosé on a blistering hot day? Well game changer, Frosé is about to rock your world!Print
- 1 (750ml) dry rosé wine
- 1 cup of strawberries, hulled
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp of Grand Marnier
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Optional garnishes: Strawberries and/or basil
- Pour rosé into a large baking dish, and freeze overnight (or for at least 8hrs).
- In a blender, add strawberries, sugar and Grand Marnier; allow to sit for 5 minutes (or until sugar dissolves). Add lemon juice and zest, and frozen rosé; puree on high for 1 minute.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a strawberry or basil – or both! Enjoy 🙂
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blend