This simple Crock-pot Chicken and Gravy is the perfect meal to enjoy after a busy day. It takes very little time to prepare, and the most strenuous part about the recipe is pressing the ‘start’ button on the crock-pot. Seriously, it’s so simple. And what better way to reward yourself after a long day, then to indulge in a home-cooked meal and glass of wine.
From personal experience, there’s many times when I get home and I’m too exhausted to cook dinner. If I know it’s going to be one of those days, I make this recipe. Plus, not only do I not have to worry about cooking when I get home – a beautiful bottle of wine AND dinner will be waiting for me when I arrive. Winning!
How long does this Crock-Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe take to make?
It only takes 10 minutes to get all your ingredients chopped, whisked and placed into the crock pot. However, it will take 6 hours to slow cook. But all in all, for 10 minutes of work, the only hard part about this recipe is waiting 6 hours to eat it.
How to make Crock-Pot Chicken and Gravy:
- Grab your Crock-pot
- Mix your ingredients together in the crock pot; ingredients include: chicken, gravy packets, water, condensed soup, black pepper, garlic powder, garlic clove, and onion
- Add your chicken breasts, place the lid on, and set to cook on low for 6 hours
- Once your chicken is done, stir in your sour cream and feel free to add additional pepper (if preferred)
- Shred chicken, and viola!
- Spoon over rice, rice pilaf (which is what we did!), mashed potatoes or quinoa
Side note: If you’d like to thicken your gravy, you can always add a touch of corn flour.
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish. It’s become a favorite in our household – and I hope it becomes a favorite in yours too.Print
This simple Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is the perfect meal to enjoy after a busy day!
- 2 –2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 packets chicken gravy (I prefer McCormick’s)
- 1 can (10 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Mix together water, gravy packets, condensed soup, garlic powder, garlic slices, onion, pepper in Crock Pot
- Add chicken breasts
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours
- Add sour cream, shred chicken, and stir/mix.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or quinoa
- Category: Bites
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken