A classic dish that’s sure to please even the toughest critics. This meal will have your friends and family wondering if you secretly had it delivered from a top restaurant before their arrival. And guess what? It’s super simple to make.Print
- 10 oz. of Penne Pasta
- 12 oz Whole Baby Bella’s, sliced in halves
- 4 Tbs Salted Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth
- Italian Parsley, for garnish
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a large frying pan, warm butter and turn heat to med-high. Toss in your onions and sauté them until they begin to sweat; add your mushrooms, and minced garlic, turning the heat down to medium-low.
- Once your mushrooms are tender, turn down the heat to a simmer, and add heavy cream, grated parmesan and chicken broth. Carefully stir the combined ingredients. The BEST part of this recipe is: If you find the Alfredo to be too runny, add more parmesan. If you find the Alfredo to be too thick, add more chicken broth.
- Let Alfredo sauce simmer on the stovetop, absorbing and marrying all the flavors. While the sauce is simmering, preheat your oven to 350° and begin to boil water for your penne pasta.
- Cook your pasta, and aim for al dente since it’ll be baked in the oven.
- Once the pasta is done, strain (do not rinse), and add pasta to the Alfredo sauce simmering on the stove. Stir sauce and pasta.
- Place penne Alfredo into a large casserole dish, and sprinkle the top with shredded parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25min.