Heads up, this recipe makes a TON of salad. However, it’s a wonderful dish to enjoy throughout the week. I make it on a Sunday or Monday, and have it for lunch for the entire week. It’s fresh, healthy and delicious. Get in my belly!Print
Greek Grain Salad with Farro
- Total Time: 20 Mins
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cup of Farro
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2″ wide strips (remove seeds)
- 4 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1/2″ diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jar of pitted kalamata olives
- 8 oz. of feta cheese, 1/2″ diced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Combine Farro with 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25-30min., until the Farro is cooked. Drain Farro, and pour into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together: lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, 3 Tbs of olive oil, 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Pour over hot Farro and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place red pepper slices on a half sheet pan, and toss with 2 tsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Roast for 20min., turning once halfway through. Set peppers aside to cool slightly.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, roasted peppers, parsley and olives to the bowl with Farro. Stir until combined, then gently fold in feta. Serve at room temperature.