It’s Monday, and you know what that means! It’s time for a #MeatlessMonday recipe. This week I decided to make the oh-so-colorful and super easy, Stuffed Zucchini Boats. A healthy dish that’s perfect for a potluck, or, to just enjoy for an evening in at home.
Ingredients needed for making Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Couscous (you can make your own, or simply grab a box of Near East couscous)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
How do you make Stuffed Zucchini Boats?
Start by preheating your oven to 375°. Then turn your attention to making the filling for your Zucchini Stuffed Boats. This includes sautéing your onions and mushrooms, adding in your red peppers and garlic, and finishing off by adding in your couscous. Stir and mix (don’t let the garlic burn!), and enjoy all the delicious smells! Then, turn the heat down low, keeping filling warm on stove top.
Now grab the zucchinis! You’ll first begin by cutting the zucchinis in halve, lengthwise. You’ll then hollow them out, leaving about 1/4 inch-thick rim around each half. Now the fun part – it’s time to stuff! Spoon in and mound the filling into the zucchini boats. Don’t be stingy on the filling either. There’s nothing worse than an under-stuffed Zucchini Boat!
Place Stuffed Zucchini Boats into a large baking dish, and place in the oven at 375° for 25-30 minutes, or until your zucchini is tender.
This recipe is super simple, contains basic ingredients, and is such a fun and healthy alternative to a meat-based dinner. Plus, you can even put the Stuffed Zucchini Boats together earlier in the day, and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them later! Trust me when I say, this is one of my new favorite recipes.
More Great Vegetarian RecipesPrint
For this #MeatlessMonday recipe, I decided to make Stuffed Zucchini Boats! A delicious and colorful dish, that’s simple and easy to make.
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 10–12 oz couscous (you can make your own, or simply grab a box of Near East couscous)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 Zucchinis, halved (lengthwise) and hollowed
- Grated Parmesan (optional for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- In a frying pan, on medium heat, add olive oil. Sauté onions until they begin to sweat. Add diced mushrooms and cook until softened. Add red peppers and garlic, and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix in couscous. Stir and cook for 3 – 5 minutes; then turn heat to low
- Cut zucchinis in halve, lengthwise, and hollow them leaving about 1/4 inch-thick rim around each half.
- Spoon in and mound the filling into the zucchini boats.
- Place Stuffed Zucchini Boats into a large baking dish, and place in the oven at 375° for 25-30 minutes, or until your zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan (optional) and serve hot
- Category: Bites
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Stuffed Zucchini Boats