These roasted veggie and refried bean tacos are TO DIE FOR. My boyfriend and I ate just shy of 10 of these tacos in one sitting. Am I ashamed? No. Should I be? Still no. With roasted veggies, corn tortillas and refried beans – we devoured these healthy tacos with little to no regrets. Although, bear with me on my taco tangent here… The only regret I have regarding tacos, came about on the day I moved to Austin, Texas. I remember the real estate agent I was working with introduced me to breakfast tacos. Sure, I’ve had breakfast burritos in Los Angeles, but never a breakfast taco like they have in Texas. And on that morning, a shed a little tear, knowing I had missed out on the opportunity to eat tacos for breakfast for last 26 years of my life. Was a sad day. Anywho! On to why you’re here. I give you the very guilt-free, gluten free, and vegan (if you skip the cheese) taco recipe!
Ingredients needed for roasted veggie and refried bean tacos
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Red pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cotija cheese
- Refried beans (recipe here)
Not a fan of some of the veggies listed? No worries! You can substitute, remove or add more of your favorite veggies to roast for these tacos. Just look how pretty this vegetable melody is *insert heart-eyed emoji* it’s so colorful!
Instructions to make roasted veggie and refried bean tacos
First things first, preheat your oven to 400°. Perfect. Now, once that’s done, and you’ve decided on what veggies to roast, begin to chop and slice your selection and toss them into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil on them, and sprinkle them with salt – toss the veggies so they’re nicely coated. Once that’s done, grab a sheet pan, and spread the veggies around (evenly) and place them in the oven for roughly* (depending on your chosen veggies) 35 minutes. Keep on eye on them to be safe.
Now, if you’ve opted to make your refried beans, you can do so while your veggies are roasting in the oven (or before, it’s a free country). Here’s a great recipe for refried beans! When your veggies are nearly done roasting, chop your cilantro, slice your limes, and crumble your cotija cheese. Take your veggies out of the oven once they’re done, and have your warm tortillas on hand.
Place your veggies in a dish, your refried beans in another, and allow for your guests, or boyfriend, or hell – just yourself – to construct your own tacos.
And there you have it! A simple, delicious and healthy meal for your #MeatlessMonday!
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Be sure to check out:
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped and used for topping tacos*
- 1 zucchini, halved and chopped
- 1 squash, halved and chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lime, sliced and served with tacos
- Refried beans (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice and chop veggies; place them in a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil and add a dash of salt
- On a sheet pan, spread veggies around (evenly) and place them in the oven for roughly* (depending on your chosen veggies) 35 minutes
- Prepare refried bean recipe, disregard if using store bought
- When your veggies are nearly done roasting, chop your cilantro, slice your limes, and crumble cotija cheese
- Serve family style, and enjoy!
I love cilantro and load it on my tacos. Feel free to use less than 1/2 cup when making this recipe.
- Category: Bites
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Roasted Veggie and Refried Bean Tacos
Part of the Cooking for Everyone Fam? If not, subscribe to my newsletter here!