Making marinades is one of my favorite things to do. I feel like a mad scientist in the kitchen, trying to create something magical. As I typed that, I realized how incredibly dorky I sound. Anyways, regardless of pastimes I enjoy, this pastime has led me to make many different marinades; some good, and some not so good. So, let me save you the trouble of crossing your fingers, and hoping your steak turns out delicious. This marinade will make your steak juicy and tender beyond belief, and taste like the angels have hand delivered this meat from God Himself.
This marinade recipe was an ample amount for two 8 oz. NY Strips, and you can marinate them for up to 12hrs (or an hour, if you’re in a steak eating time crunch).
The Perfect Steak Marinade
- Total Time: 15 Mins
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Chopped Italian Parsley (loosely packed)
- 1 tsp of Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbs of Worchester Sauce
- 1 Tbs of Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp of Honey
- 1 tsp of Basil (dry)
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- Smother your steaks in the marinade – making sure to cover them completely.
- Place your steaks in a ziplock bag, and let them marinate in the fridge for up to 12hrs.
- When it’s getting close to dinner time, remove the steaks from the fridge. Take them out of the ziplock and place them onto a large plate.
- Without removing any of the marinade, lightly coat both sides of each steak with Kosher salt. Cover steaks, and let sit at room temperature for about 20min.
- Now they’re ready to be cooked! Depending on how you like your steaks, here’s a rough estimate on temps: medium-rare: 3-5min each side, medium: 5-7min each side, and medium-well: 8-10min each side.